Thursday 23 November 2017

Little Star | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Black and White Photos

Hi there, It’s Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page with you today sharing my layout using a black and white photograph.


When I started this challenge I pulled out a variety of black and white photos that I could potentially use because I couldn’t decide!  I really like how photos look in black and white and just by changing to this monochrome colourway, it can hide a multitude of sins too so it’s a win win!

Eventually I settled on this photo of my friend’s little boy at her wedding, purely because I still had these Simple Stories papers on my desk that matched their wedding colour scheme.  In real life, the carpet he was laying on was a deep maroon red which would have really interfered with the delicate teals and greys in the wedding colours.  Using a black and white photo here keeps the emphasis on the little boy and means I can continue to use the coordinating wedding colours without the coloured carpet taking over. 

I’ve seen the slightly off set corner configuration on Pinterest a couple of times and I thought it would work well with these papers as it keeps most of the dark blue galaxy paper away from the dark tones in the photo.  I layered up the photo with other papers in the same collection but I wanted to add another delicate layer so I matted the first layer onto tissue paper which always reminds me of wedding dresses so it was perfect for this layout. 

The galaxy paper also gave me the idea for the title – Little Star, as he really was incredibly well behaved even though he was just a toddler at the time.   He was also born upside down, quite early, in a car park although you’d never know it to look at him here (or now that he is a fine strapping lad in secondary school!)  I had also been working on my Christmas Journal (more of that next month) so I had some little wood veneers and star shaped sequins on my table so I popped a few of those on to add texture and dimension. 


It all came together really quickly and I love how it turned out but it would have been a tricky photo to scrap if I hadn’t printed it in black and white. 


We’d love to see your layouts using black and white photos, or any of the themes we’ve shared with you over the year so please don’t forget to tag us with #UKScrapaddicts so we can find you and give you a like and maybe share on our page too.

Only one month of the year left!  Can you believe it?

Now it’s time for you to go on and make pretty pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...