Wednesday 10 January 2018

Dad met Bear / Sheena Rowlands / Sketch

Hi there x Sheena here again x

For this months challenge Jackie set us a sketch to use or be inspired by from Page Maps. I find sketches to be a really useful tool to speed up my scrapbooking or help when my mojo is lacking.


I generally scrap 12x12 layouts so continued for this challenge.

Dad met Bear.

I love this photo taken at Windsor Castle when my Eldest was collecting his Queens Scout award. Bear was chatting to the crowds & I asked him to pose with my Dad who had also received an award. I only had 1 photo but that didn't stop me using this sketch, I just adapted it.


I used Crate Paper - Cool Kid range as I wanted to add some primary colours to this page to co ordinate with their neckerchiefs. I reduced the details of the sketch so it no longer touched the edges of the 12x12 background paper. I added lots of layers mixing different patterns & colours and ripped the edge of one for more interest. I just had to add this Bear from the chipboard sheet as its so cute.


I clustered embellishments in 2 places to draw you into the photo and rather than stitching then added arrows at the top and bottom. I added black splashes and blue ink through a stencil to the background patterned paper.


I still think my page looks like the sketch, kind of! Hope you get the chance to create soon x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...