Friday 25 December 2020

Naughty or Nice | Kirei Baldwin | Embossing Folders

 Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

It's Kirei here wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, I hope Santa has been good to you this year!

I am sharing a layout for this month's fun challenge which was to use embossing folders on your layout, now I definitely hadn't used them for quite some time so was good to pull them out and have a play. I had this idea in my head to make some baubles and add different embossing details to each one before embellishing and I am really happy with the end result!

I firstly drew the baubles and then cut them out before putting each shape through my Big Shot to emboss them with different patterns. I took some ephemera and small pieces of patterned papers to decorate each bauble and then added gold stitching. 



I took a 11 1/2" piece of white cardstock, distressed the edges and then stuck it to a frame of patterned paper before stitching a border with gold thread. I worked out where I wanted each bauble to go on the layout and then added gold stitching to represent the hanger for each bauble.


Then each bauble was stuck down, some of them on foam pads to create dimension. 


The two cute photos of my nephews from last Christmas were mounted on patterned papers and stuck down with foam pads on the top edges. Keeping the bottom of the photos flat to the layout makes it easier to add embellishments around them. 


I then added a title and some journaling to finish my layout off....


Thanks for popping by the blog, wishing you all the best for the rest of the festive season! 

Happy Scrapping!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...