Saturday 9 January 2021

Everyday Explorer | Sheena Rowlands | Recycled Elements

 Hi there UK Scrap Addicts, Sheena here again x

Our first challenge for you in 2021 is to recycle something and use it on your layout.

As well as scrapbooking I also do Project Life so for this I tend to hoard bits of ephemera like labels, business cards & tickets so I can incorporate them at a later date.

Everyday Explorer.

During a trip to Bristol at the end of the summer we used free maps provided by the hotel to navigate our way around this lovely city. At the end of the trip I picked up an extra couple 'just in case' I needed them. I managed to keep them relatively flat since then.

Using my silhouette I cut the word Bristol from the map paper but as it was so thin I cut an offset in black cardstock so I could adhere them together to make it stronger.


We had such a lovely trip I couldn't choose just one photo so I print 5 of my favourites. As this was a travel type page I headed to my Vicki Boutin Lets Wander stash looking for papers and embellishments in neutrals and blues.


I created a couple of embellishment clusters around my photos plus another at the bottom of the page adding a little machine sewing to secure the date label.


I have a process video of this layout on youtube if you would like to see how it came together.

We would love for you to play along with us this months' theme. If you do please share with us over on our Facebook group or tag us on Instagram.

Till next time x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...