Tuesday 19 January 2021

Good Friends |Jackie Ashton | Recycled Elements

Hello Crafters, Jackie here with my layout using a product that not necessary a scrapbooking product.


My original plan was to use a recycled envelope, but then I found this greeting cards, so not fully recyclable but something that wasn't intended for a scrapbooking page.  





The layouts is basic, using patterned paper as my base and a 5 inch strip of patterned paper across the middle my page.



The photographs where take on my last girlie holiday in 2017 with my lifelong friends, so I used a summer theme papers, which are nice and bright and represented our holiday in Spain.  But my journalling is about how I have valued our friendship and how lockdown as brought us closer again.


We have not been together for over 18 months, so we are eager awaiting the lockdown restrictions to lifted so that we can get together for a good catch up in person.  But till then we will have to make do with our daily WhatsApp chats and FaceTime sessions.



I used the envelope as well, so I decided to decorate it and add some mini photographs inside.  

I decorated the front of the envelope with some patterned paper, stickers and stamps.




Inside the envelope, I die cut some tags using white cardstock, and added a selection of the photographs taken on our holiday, to both sides.  And also added a little word sticker to each photograph.






Then I decided that I needed a base for my photographs, so I mounted it onto a die cut tag, and adhered to the flap of the envelope.  To keep the envelope closed I added a velour dot that are normally used in sewing.






I added my journalling to the card with a few stickers, and also added one of these velour dots to the card, so that stayed flat on the page as well.





Thank you for stopping by, don’t forget to share your layout over on our Facebook page we would love to see them.


Till Next Time


Happy scrapping




 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...