Saturday 17 June 2017

Guest Designer - Elsie Robinson



Hi UK Scrap Addicts! I’m Elsie and I’m so happy to be a Guest Designer this month! I’m 24 and live near Brighton. I’ve been scrapping for about a year and half now and don’t think I’ll ever stop (I’m properly addicted!).


I love working with moodboards, and I especially loved the pink, mint and gold one because of all the sparkle on it. I hardly ever make a layout without sequins on it, so this moodboard was right up my street!


My starting point for this layout was this fairy wand  cut file I created in Silhouette Studio, I thought this would be a perfect way to incorporate lots of sparkle onto the page by backing it with some glittered cardstock.



 I loved the pink and mint green colour combination in  the moodboard, so I chose papers and embellishments from the Crate Paper Cute Girl collection that followed that colour scheme. The 6x12” sticker sheet even had a fairy wand on it, so it was definitely meant to be.

  
I also love stitching on my pages, so I had to include that in the layout. I stitched around the fairy wand to define it a little more and did the same with the clouds.


I cut my title from plain white cardstock. I love this white-on-white technique because it looks super clean and fresh and doesn’t compete with the colourful embellishment clusters on the rest of the page.


You can find me on: YouTube Instagram Blog

               
Thanks for having me UKSA! There’s a process video below to see how this layout came together - enjoy!


Elsie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...