Friday 23 June 2017

Guest Designer - Jen Hart

I'm delighted to share todays guest designer is Jen Hart... 
Thank you so much UK Scrap Addicts for the opportunity to be a guest designer this month 😊 I love your ethos of showcasing UK Scrapbooking


My name is Jen Hart, I live, work and scrap in and about, very gratefully and happily, beautiful North Devon. I am a single mum of three amazing peeps: Lauren 19 at University in London, Louis 16 working as an Apprentice Painter and Decorator and Alex navigating Year 7. They simultaneously fill me with love, fascination, utter surprise, sheer terror and did I mention love 💖 
I have an amazing friendship group that I met through UKS and have become my very best friends and we try and meet up at least once a year to retreat together, we chat every day, they have taught me nearly everything, I love them and they inspire me no end 💖
At work I lead a brilliant team in a Tesco Express store and they simultaneously fill me with love, fascination, surprise, terror etc 😀 I am very fond of them all 💗
I love to scrapbook, i'm a newbie stitcher, i'm a proud weightwatcher, i'm a newbie gardener, i'm a keen diy'er, I love to walk (I am currently walking the Somerset and North Devon parts of the South West Coast Path). My Cup Is Full. 


I loved both the mood boards that are being showcased this month but this one is my favourite as it is full of my favourite colours and sparkly stuff.

I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers to start me off (no 305) and decided to swap out the stars for flowers and see where that took me. I love sewing on my layouts so I decided to do that first for the first layer of texture, I've put some of the photos and a couple bits of video of the steps together on a video to watch here: it's my first video like this, I've learned loads and would like to get good at it.


I used Kaisercraft Wildflowers paper collection from Merly Impressions in the UK, some Ali Edwards Craft The Story stamps, a Cathy Zielske Fit stamp and Cardstock, Nuvo Drops and general supplies from Hey Little Magpie. I also used Lucy's patterns from Attic 24 to crochet the leaves and hydrangea petals.


I also often make a companion project life page and sometimes a journaling 6x12 page to pop in between. The big hike that I did warranted a few more details for my album so I did...


I added in a QR code to link to some video footage as all my family love coming across those in the albums😊


Some of the journaling, I will have more I think.
And the reverse of that page; I generally add in another photo or two and use up some embellies and fave paper.

Thanks very much for looking at my scrapbooking 😊

If you haven't already had enough, the video of my walk along the coast path is here:



Thanks for sharing with us Jen.  To see more of Jen's workvisit her here: Blog Instagram Pinterest YouTube

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant page jen, lovely papers and best of all a super blog post, you tell it all so well

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous page Jen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...