Monday 12 June 2017

Mid-Week Getaway | Polly's Papercrafts | Mood Boards

Morning lovelies!

This month on UKSA we are all about mood boards (which I'm sure you've gathered if you're a frequent visitor ✿) I've got to say I do love a good mood board - they're perfect for if you've got that 'staring-at-a-blank-page-not-knowing-where-to-start' feeling...don't tell the rest of the Creative Team, but I get that feeling rather often! 

This is the mood board I'm working with this month: 
Isn't it gorgeous?

Those beautiful pastels with the confetti and the sequins and...oh the typewriter! All the heart-eyes from me! 

So I decided to take inspiration from the sequins. Now, if you've followed me before, you'll know I struggle with sequins. I can never seem to get the lovely random but perfectly placed look that I admire so much. Laura is brilliant with sequins, so if you struggle too I would recommend checking out her videos on YouTube. 
I went the easy option and created a shaker!


I used a vellum envelope that I got in the sale from Paperchase and filled that with an assortment of sequins that I had. There are some blue sequins and gold stars from Cocoa Vanilla as well as some different sizes and colours from a Project Life pack too. 






This month the Creative Team were sent some product from allthingssticky.com and included in my package were some coloured glue dots. At first, I was a tad confused on what the point of coloured glue dots were - BUT they came in incredibly helpful when adhering my vellum pocket. 

I used some of the pink, blue and yellow dots randomly on the back which meant that the glue blended in with the sequins. As you know, glue and vellum is a hard balance as it shows through but the way the dots were camouflaged in with the sequins definitely seemed a good answer! 



allthingssticky.com is actually sponsoring our Mood Board Challenges this month with a £50 prize, so if you would also like to draw inspiration from them (there are two to choose from!) you can find all the information and how to enter on our Facebook Page: UK Scrap Addicts 



The embellishments I used on this page (the flamingo, the tag and the chipboard piece for the title) are all from Crate Paper's Oasis collection. I tried to go minimal on embellishment because the sequin shaker is such a feature! 


If you fancy a gander at the process video too, then do pop over to the UKSA YouTube channel! 

Until next time...





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...