Saturday 27 October 2018

Books and more Books | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Small Photos

Hey there!!

So this months theme is small photos. What a great way to include small photos in a travellers notebook. I love scrapping in a travellers notebook when I have photos of something that is a smaller story that I want to document but not necessarily warrant a full 12x12 layout in my album.

I used a paper from Paige Evans Oh My Heart collection (desperately trying to kill this kit!!) as I have had this in my stash for ages and this was the perfect project to get it used up. The shelves reminded me of my book shelves. I have recently moved and wanted to create a little nook area where I can go and read and this photo captured this just perfectly.

So I trimmed the paper to fit into my travellers notebook. I am using a Simple Stories one currently and these ones are a little wider than the standard TN size. This really helps me showcasing the amazing patterned paper and really brings the whole theme together. I fussy cut some elements from another one of the papers which had some cutaparts on and used these as embellishments around my photo. This is a great way to make your collection go so much further when you are running out of ephemera etc.

I knew that in the collection there was a die cut that would be perfect to use as my title - Books and More Books!! I popped this on the opposite side and used a black fineliner to create some faux stitching around it to help it stand out a little more.

I added on a book sticker from the Paige Evans sticker book and 1 chipboard piece that says "all you need is a good book". I also used this area to add some journalling on. I don't journal much on my 12x12 layouts but find myself being drawn to adding more journalling in my travellers notebook - especially those random smaller stories that you want to remember in years to come.

My layout felt almost complete but decided to channel my inner Missy Whidden by adding in some lengths of thread in co-ordinating colours and these are layered behind the top left and bottom right of my photo cluster (along with a couple of flower stickers, also from the PE sticker book).

And the layout is finished. I love how colourful this layout is and really encourage you to try and travellers notebook if you haven't yet. Its a great way to scrap on the go, when you don't have much time or even if you have those smaller photos that would look lost on a 12x12 layout.


Be sure to head on over to Youtube to watch the process video for this one too.....

See you next month with a new theme!!!

Claire xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...