Saturday 27 June 2020

Celebrate | Kirei Baldwin | Combine old and new collections

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

Kirei here with a layout using up a very old paper collection by a company that no longer exists sadly... Sassafras! I've been hoarding their papers for ages so decided now was the time to dig them out and actually use them, as this month's challenge to 'mix old and new collections' was perfect for that! The collection is called 'Sunshine Broadcast' and features yellows, soft greens and peach shades that went really well with the newer Heidi Swapp 'Storyline Chapters' collection...


One of the Sassafras papers had a load of different strips on it so I cut them all up and layered them down one side of the layout along with some strips cut from the Heidi Swapp papers.

I added gold stitching with the sewing machine to each strip and then distressed the exposed edge of each strip. Note my error... I initially thought I would have the strips down the left side of the page but once I had attached them all I thought it looked better on the right but it did mean the letters on the strips were now upside down! Anyway I decided it wasn't too bad and I could live with it...



Then I mounted my photos onto one of the Sassafras patterned papers and distressed the edges, then layered them up with some giant Sassafras journaling stickers before sticking them down. I used foam pads on the top edge of my photos to add dimension.



I didn't have any Sassafras embellishments so pulled out the Heidi Swapp ephemera pack and looked for anything in the same tones as the papers I used.




I wanted to add a bit more gold into the embellishments so pulled out a Thickers set and added some gold leaves and hearts.



Then I added a title using the word 'Celebrate' from a Thickers set and finished off with some journaling.


Thank you for popping by, I hope you are inspired to dig out some of your older stash and get it used! As you can see from all the fab inspiration from the Creative Team this month it doesn't matter how long you have had your stash it can work perfectly well with one of the newer collections! If you do give it a go don't forget to share your layout over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook group...

Happy scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...