Monday 1 June 2020

Magical Memories | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Combine old & new collections

Hey everyone!!

So it's the 1st of the month and I am here to share with you the topic for the month and my layout. The new theme we are focusing on is combining new and old stash to create a layout.

My tip for being able to combine old and new stash is to find common colours within the products. If you're working with pastels then be sure to find pastels that co-ordinate or if you're working with bright summery colours then match it up with the colours and theme.


I always find it much easier to work in a collection but sometimes use collections from the same designer together and these works well more often than not.

I find that the "Disney" collections are another way to combine old and new stash so here is my take on the theme using some new stash from Simple Stories "Say Cheese 4" collection and some older stash from Echo Park "Magic and Wonder" collection.








Both collections feature a lot of the same colours, blue, red, yellow and black so it made it super easy to combine the two to make this layout. I actually used embellishments from multiple different ephemera packs and chipboard sheets to create this layout I think I used maybe 4 different collections on this on total and although our theme is to incorporate older stash (which I did) it was also a great exercise to show that I could also use multiple collections together too.


And here is the finished layout!! I really am pleased with how this turned out and it's always great to get another Disney layout completed!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...