Wednesday 17 October 2018

Apple Bobbing | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Small Photos

Hey there lovely crafters!  Is anyone getting in the spooky spirit yet?  I absolutely love Halloween and couldn't wait to break into the new Simple Stories Vintage Halloween collection.


I have a few Halloween photos from a visit to Beaulieu last year where some of us tried out hand (face?) at apple bobbing.  It's a place full of interesting things which is lovely but not when you want to focus on the main element of the story.  I do have photos of the wider view but for this layout I cropped the 6x4 photos down to 3x3 to hone in on the main elements.



I took the middle out of the black patterned paper and then cut a 3 inch strip of the orange pumpkin and filled the rest with the off white paper that has this amazing layered effect already printed on it.


I mounted my small photos on off white cardstock to give a better contrast against the busy papers.  Because of the layered look in the paper, the layout didn't need much in the way of embellishments.  


I used part of a cobweb border cut file from the Pretty My Page shop to the left and right edges and then added a couple of stickers from the collection.  I also added a very old ticket from October Afternoon, some very old Jenni Bowlin letter stickers and some black gems for texture.

We look forward to seeing your layouts with small photos!

Happy crafting.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...