Monday 29 April 2019

Precious Moments | Essie Jane | Sparkle


Hi Everyone, Essie here and I'm so excited to be here sharing my first layout as part of the UK Scrap Addicts Team. April's theme, Sparkle, is right up my street and I couldn't wait to get the glitter out ! 

I had this beautiful photograph of my niece and her husband on their wedding day and wanted to design an elegant page for it. I started with a lovely heart garland cut file and after I'd removed all the pieces from my cutting mat I put all but one of the negative heart pieces to one side. I used that heart to draw around on a variety of patterned paper (I'm using the More Than Words Collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studios) and cut slightly outside my pencil lines to give pieces large enough to fill the open shapes of the cut file. 

I placed the patterned pieces leaving some of the hearts empty as I went around the circle.  

I then added glitter in co-ordinating colours to enough of the negative heart shapes I had put aside to fill the remaining open hearts of the cut file. Then it was a case of adding the photograph and embellishments. 

I have a process video linked here and don't forget to check out the Facebook group to see how everyone else has got their Sparkle on this month! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...