Wednesday 1 May 2019

My Thor | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Fussy Cutting

I am one of those weirdos that love to fussy cut so when this challenge came round I relished in it..... well at least I thought I was going to.


So I realised that when I fussy cut things, it always seems to be butterflies or flowers. But there are other things that can be fussy cut - just like in my layout.

I used a sheet of labels from the Carousel collection by Maggie Holmes. I also used a patterned paper to fussy cut some of the icons you can see here that says Cotton Candy and Carousel.

I added some foam behind some of the labels to give dimension and then used this as a base to start adding in embellishments.

 I used a mixture of stickers and ephemera and chipboard and just continued layering over the labels and although it's busy, I personally love the design concept with how this turned out.

The photo was one that was taken a long time ago and so I didn't have the actual date available so instead I used the year (I believe?!) and added 2003 in Thickers into one of those labels.

To the other spare label I added my title which is "My Thor" as me and hubby are massive Avengers fans.


I also added some torn edges and backed this with some patterned paper to create some further interest on the sides due to working on white cardstock. This really helps to train your eyes inwards to the photo.


Be sure to join us over on our Facebook group to join in with the monthly themes!!

And don't forget that we are celebrating (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day this weekend (3rd, 4th + 5th May 2019) and all the details can be found over at our Facebook group. Just search for UKScrapAddicts.


Thanks for reading and see you again next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...