Saturday 29 April 2017

1, 2, 3 & Pose | Jackie Ashton | Sewing

Hello, Jackie here with my post following the theme for the month - stitching.  For my layout this month I decided to hand-stitch my title.  

I started this layout by using the packaging technique and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick to my white cardstock.

For the papers on this layouts I used a selection of papers from Shimelle - Little by Little collection, Maggie Holmes - Chasing Dreams collection, and I wanted the colour of the embroidery cotton to coordinate with the papers.

I used a stitching template by Amy Tangerine.


By hand stitching my title in a variegated yellow thread, as the outline of the letters, and a soft pink for the inside, it made the title stand out more from the page.


I added three clusters around the photographs and adding some embellishments from Shimelle - Little by Little collection as well as some hand cut butterflies from Maggie Holmes - Chasing Dreams collection.


I love how stitching on your layouts can give it a whole new dimension.

Hope you give it a try






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...