Friday 7 April 2017

Love | Sheena Rowlands | Sewing

Hi there x Sheena here x

This month we are thinking about using sewing in our crafting. I've always enjoyed sewing and over the years I've made children clothes, curtains & quilts so its no surprise when I flick through my albums that sewing is a common theme. This sewing can take many forms from machine sewing, hand sewing and even faux sewing, where I've joined pierced holes together with pen lines.
When I do hand sew on pages I tend to do the actual sewing of an evening in front of the TV.

Love.


For this page featuring my brother & his wife I cut a cut file on my Silhouette Cameo and hand stitched it down over vellum to my background patterned paper, having first secured it with a few spots of adhesive.


Before I completed the sewing I popped co ordinated coloured sequins under the vellum to act as a shaker element to the page and to remind me of the confetti we threw on the day.


After finishing the sewing I didn't want to cover too much of it so I clustered my photos and embellishments in two areas. I've mainly used Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Gather & Bloom collections.


We would love to see your pages so please tag us on IG @ukscrapaddicts #ukscrapaddicts
Till next time x


1 comment:

  1. Sheena, I love this layout! I'm slightly puzzled at how you managed to sew on something so thin! That cut file looks so delicate! Well done x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...