Tuesday 18 April 2017

C Dog in Da Coffee House | Claire (ScrappyNerdUK) | Sewing

Hi friends.  Here I am today for you with my layout based on sewing.

I absolutely love sewing and currently I only hand sew on my layouts.  (I am soon to acquire a sewing machine - eek!)


I used a coffee cup design for this one as I knew I had a photo of some coffee cups that I wanted to scrap.  I chose to use one of my favourite new collections, Oh My Heart from Pink Paislee™.

I started by cutting a coffee cup from my Cricut™ and backed the negative spaces with some patterned paper.  I loved the daisy paper from the 6x6 pad as the green worked well with the green in the photo.  I then added some craft cardstock from a Bazzill™ pad I had in my stash and this made the cardboard coffee cup holder.  I love how this turned out.

I then started adding my stitching.  I stitched all the way round the coffee cup and also across the coffee cup holder and even added a little heart to the middle of the craft cardstock to add some interest.


I then drew some wiggly pencil lines to represent steam coming out of the cup and also then stitched these straight onto the background.

I love the way this turned out and the extra little detail it gives and it fills the white space perfectly.

You can see in this picture the effect of the stitching on the coffee cup too.  Stitching on layouts gives it that extra texture and interest that you don't get from ephemera and other embellishments.

I love also to use the same colour thread on top of the same colour card.  So here I have used white thread on top of white card.


Next, it was onto the embellishments.  I mainly used the ephemera from Oh My Heart on this along with the 6x6 paper pad to layer behind my photo.

I did add in the coffee cup sticker from a Shimelle™ sticker book as it worked thematically with this layout - I knew I was saving that sticker for the perfect layout to use it with!!

I added some pretty hearts and flowers to brighten the layout a little as the green colours in the coffee cup are quite dark.  The pink from the papers, washi strip and ephemera gave it the pop of colour it needed.


Finally, it was my title.  I like my titles to be original and it's easy to get lazy with titles by using pre-made Thickers™or words that come in the ephemera pack.

Do not get me wrong - I use the pre-made ones too but I like to be as original as possible and think up my own titles based on the photograph in the layout as much as I can.

Here I used Amy Tangerine Thickers™ to spell out my title and used the alphas from the Oh my Heart sticker book to spell "coffee" as I like to use a mixture of fonts and different textures for titles.

And here is the final layout, after a couple of flicks of ink, Dylusions™ in black marble and of course some Gold Heidi Swapp colour shine.

So, what are you waiting for - get sewing on your next layout and enjoy the process of it.

Here is the video if you want to follow along with the process






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...