Friday 21 April 2017

Cute | Beth Moloney | Sewing

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for my first post as a team member for UK Scrap Addicts. As I'm sure you already know our theme for April is SEWING and the other girls have been producing some gorgeous layouts this month.

This layout turned out completely different to how I originally intended. I had decided to do a hand stitched background so I drew out a pattern with my Silhouette, pierced all the holes and literally spent 2 weeks sewing around all of the shapes (did I mention sewing is not my thing?!?) but then when I filmed the video only half of it was in the frame so I had to scrap that idea and start again.


I machine stitched a messy border around the edge of the white cardstock in pale blue thread...


I also added a few lines of stitching on the photograph where I knew I wanted the title and some embellishments to go...



Sticking fun foam under the photo and flowers helps give the layout some dimension...



The sequins and glossy stickers add some texture to the layout...


Make sure you head over to the UK Scrap Addicts YouTube channel to check out my process video and come back soon to see what the rest of the team has been up to!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...