Monday 3 April 2017

Here & Now | Terri Morris | Sewing


  

Happy Monday, not often my favourite day of the week but I'm glad to be back on the blog sharing my latest page using sewing. I'm not a huge one for sewing on my layouts but I have been enjoying adding a little bit here and there on recent pages.


For this months layout I used hand sewing to create a grid effect on a kraft cardstock background. I simply drew a grid using a ruler and pencil, then added in holes to sew through using a pokey tool. Very simple technique with no special items. I added in 3cm squares of patterned paper from the Crate Paper 'Cool Kid' collection between the sewn lines to add to the grid effect.

I've added in a mix of embellishments from the 'Cool Kid' and Shimelle's 'Go Now Go' collections. The title is from on of Paige Evans Pink Paislee collections. I love to layer and cluster my embellishments, where possible repeating them in different areas across the page.

This layout documents the amazing meal we had at the Fisherman's house whilst on tour in Sri Lanka. It was probably my favourite meal from the trip and most definitely the messiest.  




I've really enjoyed the process of adding sewing to the page although it always takes me longer than I had estimated so bare that in mind if you are planning to give it a go.

Please tag us on Instagram @UKScrap Addicts and show us your sewing layouts.

Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love the stithing effect on kraft cardstock!! I love this layout Terry, I may scraplift it! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...