Wednesday 12 April 2017

Ace | Polly's Papercrafts (Emma) | Sewing

Hello lovelies, it's Emma here with you today and as you know, we are talking sewing on UK Scrap Addicts this month. Whether it's hand-stitching, faux stitching, machine stitching or any other kind of stitching you can think of, we're probably talking about it! 

Now, we all know that hand-stitching can be time consuming and it's possibly not for everyone but it does look stunning on a page, doesn't it? 

For my layout this month, I attempted to keep it simple (especially as I have been short of scrappy time this month - not good!) but of course, simple is never quite as easy as it looks, is it?

I decided to do a 12x12 page, using white cardstock as my base. I also used the FREE daffodil cut file  that can be found here. I used the cut file as a stitching template rather than its original intended use. 


The yellow patterned paper in the background is a piece from Pinkfresh Studios Indigo Hills collection and its just the perfect warm shade of yellow. 



I just love the look of the white-on-white stitching - it adds texture without being overwhelming. I wanted there to be plenty of white space on this page with pops of yellow and your attention being drawn to that gorgeous (I might be biased!) pooch in the middle!


I'm really happy with how this page came together, even if my mojo has gone on an Easter holiday without me! 


**Remember, if you share layouts inspired by any of our team - use the hashtag #ukscrapaddicts**

Until next time...



1 comment:

  1. A lovely page, Emma :) Hope your mojo hops home very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...