Monday 17 April 2017

Guest Designer - Paula Cooper

Today we welcome Paula Cooper as our guest designer...
 
I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years now and was introduced to this fab hobby at a Creative Memories party and was totally hooked.
 
I love spending time with my memories, fulfilling my creative side and the smell and feel of pretty papers.  But what I love most is the social side of scrapbooking, I have made many new and close friends since starting crops and layout classes back in 2008, which still run today.  It is always great to scrap with others that understand my obsession...
 
I am based in Southampton and run the Artful Angels crops nearby, details & ideas can be found on my facebook page. You can see more of my layouts on Pinterest
 

I had a half sheet of a die cut that I did not know what to do with, so when the sewing challenge came along I had another look at it and decided to repeat the pattern on the other 1/2 of the page. 
 
 
I backed the die cut with Simple Stories Love & Adore collection and used my hole guide tool to prick the different size circles.  I then sewed these in black and yellows to match the photo.  The rest of the page is quite simple with some co-coordinating cardstock backing the photo, enamel dots again from the Love & Adore collection and other embellishments from my stash.
 
 
I hope you like the layout and it inspires you to scrap lift elements of it, and thank you to UK Scrap Addicts for inviting me to be a Guest Designer, I have enjoyed the experience & this layout.
 
 
Thanks so much for joining us, Paula! 
If you would like to guest design for us drop Laura an email - ukscrapaddicts@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Paula, I am so impressed by how NEAT the stitching looks in the back of your paper!! My stitching looks like a mess! :) Fantastic layout, I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to ask her how she does her stitching because I can't work out how she has got gaps on the back and not the front but it's so neat!! Great work Paula! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...