Monday, 27 March 2017

Surprise | Jess Claire | Multiple Photos



Using multiple photos comes so naturally to me as a pocket scrapbooker.  I have been scrapping for over 3 years and I started by discovering Project Life and I am still very much loyal to pockets.  I do weekly Project Life so each spread (Single or double page) has multiple photos and those photos are my starting point.

This week I knew I wanted to include this photo of some daffodils my mum brought for me so I thought about what card kits I had that had yellow in.  I decided to use the Project Life Super Cute Value Kit for those spring like pastel colours, and because I knew they would match the enamel dots that I am currently obsessed with. 
I used other cards to back photos on and rounded all the corners for a co-ordinating feel.  When I first started scrapbooking I rounded the corners of everything.  Recently I have been feeling that pull again to have rounded corners on my layouts.


I fussy cut some hearts out of matching papers and used some cream and gold phrase strips to make embellishments. I then added those beautiful enamel dots in a triangle formation, I used them sparsely because I don't have many left and I quite like the look of them on their own.

In terms of journaling I used one card to tell the story of how dying my hair actually had some effect for once – Dark hair does not dye well – and used another card to jot down some bullet journal style points to sum up the week and the photos on my page.  You’ll notice that I only very briefly mentioned Ben’s birthday party – yeah that needs its own multi-page spread, I just wanted to feature it in a small way in my weekly roundup.

For the title card I fussy cut the pink speech bubble, the yellow flower and a strip of paper from other 4x6 cards in the kit (I have way more 4x6 cards left and I’m running out of 3x4s).  I started off with the alphas on the banner shape I cut but it didn’t seem enough and they got a bit lost on the patterned paper.  I spent a long time moving things around but I am happy with the final product.  I also used a large acrylic word from an old Ali Edwards kit ‘Surprise’ and I like how it goes with the stories and photos in the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...
If you leave a question we'll endeavour to reply here within a few days