Sunday 1 September 2019

Keepin It Real | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Selfie

Hello everyone!!

I'm here launching our new challenge for the month and sharing with you what I have created.

So this months theme is.....selfies!!

We want to encourage you to be in front of the camera and not always behind it. A selfie is exactly what it says - a photo of yourself. It has to be just yourself in the photo. So if you're not the sort of person to take photos of yourself then this is the challenge for you. Grab your camera and get snapping. We cannot wait to see what you create!!

And here is my take on the theme....

I'm not shy when it comes to taking selfies and never take myself seriously when I do. I don't pose for the perfect Instagram photo or any of my social media accounts - instead I'll take tongue in cheek photos or silly selfies.

For this layout I used my favourite collection, Sparkle City by Shimelle and just loved all the bright fun colours to help with the playfulness of the photos I had taken.

I did use some Thickers I had in my stash for the title and it was great to get these used as I've had them years!! And this was the perfect title for me - Keepin' it Real!.


I took a series of photos on my phone with different poses and chose 4 of the best ones and printed these as 3x4 inch photos. I matted them with a single layer of patterned paper (which was predominantly white) to help the photos pop from the back ground. I did add some messy ink splatters with a white Posca paint pen.

I had the speciality velum from the collection that I was terrified to cut into but I managed to use some on this layout. Behind my photos I used a 5 inch strip horizontally to give my photos a base and I love how the pops of holographic come through.

Next I started embellishing so I added all sorts of stickers, washi, chipboard, enamel dots and puffy stickers (I really went for all of the things!) and used things that worked well with my photos.

Finally I added some Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers to help really show my personality on a page.


Thanks for taking the time to read my blog post and I realllllllly encourage you to join in this month. Be sure to head on over to our Facebook Group and join us there where we share all of the creative teams designs every month.

See you next month

Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...