Sunday 15 September 2019

Rainbow Hair Don't Care | Vik Davies (Guest Designer) | Selfie

Hi it's Vik here and I've been asked to be Guest Designer this month for UKScrapAddicts. The theme for the month is "selfie". This is not something I usually do...selfies or scrap about myself....but I can now say I'm completely hooked with Snapchat filters!!!!!

To create my layout I used the Amy Tangerine "Slice of Life" and Echo Park "I am Mom" collections.




I started by using the "smooshing" technique to add some yellow distress oxide ink spray to my patterned paper background. One of the papers had a bright chevron design on it so I cut out 2 of the chevrons and placed them on opposite sides to dive up my page.

Next I used my Silhouette to cut a Polaroid strip from some black card stock and placed my photos behind the cut file.





I love to fussy cut so started fussy cutting elements from both of the collections to create extra embellishments. I added these to my layout along with some stickers and chipboard pieces from the same collections. I placed these into opposing corners to create a diagonal feature across the page. I then added a few enamel hearts, some blue distress ink splatters, stamping and some journaling to complete all the finishing touches.

Be sure to head on over and follow me on Instagram here - Vik Davies Instagram


I have recently started my YouTube channel too so would love it if you could head on over and take a look  - Vik Davies Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...