Wednesday 11 September 2019

Hello | Stephanie Squires | Selphy

Hi all and welcome to this months blog post...

So I had a great time with this moths challenge by making a mixed media layout!  I used a sheet of Vicky Boutin's mixed media paper and some pastel prima water colours.  I started with the pink and smooched it on the top left hand corner of the page.  I mixed the yellow and pink together to make a peachy colour and then used the yellow.  After every colour I used I made sure that the colour next to it hadn't dried, that the colours over lapped and that I came a but further down the page resulting in the mauve going from the top to the bottom of the page. Once this had dried I flicked the water colours on to the matching colour so it was a much darker shade of the same colour,  I then flicked gold and then white to complete the background.  

I stuck the cutfile on the top of my page just sticking the top part so the hearts were all lifting (I had previously used this cutfile as a mask so it had white texture paste on it which helped with this design.

Once this was stuck down I created my photo cluster.  I used lots of bits and pieces from Paige Taylor Evans's Grateful range to do this.



I cut two pieces of paper to 3 x 4 and tucked them behind the photo using foam pads to get the dimension that I wanted.


I then tucked in the ephemera around the photo and the paper mounts using foam pads as and when to give the height I needed.  Next came the perspectives and then the transfers were used to complete this layout!





And here it is my finished layout!  


Please let us know how you got on with this challenge and tag us in on Instagram so we can all see what you have made....Until next month my scrapbooking friends....

Take care,

Steph xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...