Wednesday 23 May 2018

It's All Black and White| Lou Thompson | Monochrome

Hello to all you scrap addicts!

I am so excited to bring you my very first project for UKSA and due to some video issues the first time, I actually have 2 projects to bring you.

The theme this month is monochrome and for my first layout, I did initially think I would choose to do shades of a bold colour like purple or pink as that is very much me, but I thought no lets actually challenge myself to use just black and white.

I am glad I did as I am really pleased with the result and it challenged me to really think about the project and be really creative with how I used items



There are 4 papers used in the layout, 1 for the main sheet and 3 matting the photo. I love the raindrop sheet as it goes so well with the theme of the photo as walks in the UK are sadly often laden with rain :)

I began by using some fabrics to create texture and added water colours on top to give some colour.

I then used 2 stamps to finish the look on the base layer. Stamping is a really great way to easily co-ordinate details on a monochrome layout.

I embossed some chipboard shapes in the same colour scheme, shades of black, white and pearl, and added these as well as stickers, thickers and Bramble Fox Perspective to finished the piece.

Here are some close up shots 





Links to items used in this piece:

Papers and stamps:


Bramble Fox Perspective:


Unfortunately the video for this layout was not successful so here I have a second project for you.

As I had decided on just black and white for the first project, I decided to introduce a bit of colour for the 2nd attempt. 

I just obtained a set of the Prima Finnabair Impasto Acrylic paints and was so excited to used them I decided to use on this layout



I wanted to keep the overall focus on the black and white as I had really liked that about my first layout, but I also introduced a touch of teal as an accent. I therefore decided to use 3 paints in pitch black, snow white and jade. 

I really wanted to go for texture in this layout so used fabrics, paints, stencil and different papers, art stones and washi to achieve this look.






There's lots of layering and texture to this project so if you have the time I would love you to visit the below link to the video to watch the process I followed.



Most of the items in this project can be found at:



Youtube Link:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...