Monday 28 May 2018

Fancy Dress | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Monochrome

Hiya Friends....

Its been ages since I have been up for the UKScrapAddicts. But I'm back and super excited to share with you my layout based on this months theme of Monochrome.

I really went completely outside my comfort zone and chose to use red!!

I kept the design aspect fairly simple with almost a grid design as I knew I wanted to include lots of embellishments on my layout to really play on the monochromatic theme.

I grabbed some Simple Stories Project Life cards from my stash and just pulled the black and white and red ones to use for this layout. There was one that had a blue element on but I wasn't too worried as this could easily be covered with an embellishment .

I decided to almost make a page kit ready for this layout as I didn't want to be digging around in my stash to find items that would work together, especially as I was heavily restricted on the colour options.

I mixed in some ephemera from the same Simple Stories pack, some stickers from Shimelles 30 page sticker book (keeping to the red colours only), some wood veneer stars, chipboard from some older kits, some fussy cutting and finally some Tim Holtz tiny word stickers.

Wow - now breath!!!

After I had laid my cards into a 2x3 format across the page horizontally, I cut down the bottom cards to that they were only 2.5x3 inches.

I embellished on top of each of these cars whilst adding my photo to one and my title to another. I didn't really have any journalling for this as the title says exactly what the photo was about. (I need to get better at journalling on my layouts!!) Perhaps that might be an upcoming theme?!

 And here is the completed and finished layout. I was nervous about using read but this has definitely spurred me on to want to try those colours that I don't normally scrap with. Perhaps monochrome is the way forward!!

Thanks for joining me today - If you would like to watch the process video for this then please head on over to our Youtube channel and you'll find the video linked below.


Until next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...