Tuesday 29 May 2018

XOXO | Kirei Baldwin | Monochrome

Hi Scrap Addicts!

It's Kirei here with my first layout for UKSA, I am really thrilled to be here and look forward to sharing my projects with you each month!

For this month's monochrome theme I decided to go for black and white with gold accents. We had the option of just using shades of the same colour OR black/white and one other so that was my option.


I dug into my Crate Paper Maggie Holmes stash and pulled out all of the black and white papers from the various ranges but ended up just using two! A spotty one as a frame for my layout and the other I fussy cut flowers from it. Without realising it I had used similar papers to Amy who shared her fab layout earlier this month!

I went for a diagonal effect, with my photo as the central point. I layered up the photo with a chipboard frame, a glittered frame and some chipboard stickers and stickers. Then I stuck down the fussy cut flowers and curled the edges to add dimension.


Next I went through all of the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes ephemera and stickers and pulled out anything that was black & white or gold and added those in amongst the flowers.







To finish off I added a simple gold sticker title, journaling and a few precious splatters of gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine.... I can't believe it has been discontinued!


Why don't you give monochrome a go and share your scrappy creations over on our UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page. Don't forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram!

Happy scrapping!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...