Tuesday 25 September 2018

Dream, Dream, Dream / Jackie Ashton / Paint

Hi Crafters,

Jackie here with my layout for this months theme - Paint.  I decided to do a mixture of two inks on my background.  

To add the colour to my background paper, I added oxide ink to a plastic sheet and then added water to the ink which turns it into a colour wash, which can then be added either by using the packaging technique, turning the plastic sheet over and placing it onto the cardstock or by using a paint brush.  The ink colours I used were Twisted Citron (green) Mustard Seed (yellow) and a small amount of Tumbled Glass (blue).




I kept my photo to the right of my page, so that the colour wash was visible.

I used Maggie Holmes - Willow Lane Collection that you can find at Hey Little Magpie, and added a Flair Badge also Hey Little Magpie.




The mini word stickers are from Simple Stories,




This is an easy technique to add some additional colour to your background, without the background details taking over the page.


See you next month





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...