Friday 7 September 2018

Happy | Amy Kattenbelt | Paints

Hi, Amy here with this months take on our September theme of  'Paints'.

I've created a layout using my watercolour paints to create this rainbow effect background around a heart. I just used a cheap set of watercolours with ready mixed colours, and a good thick white cardstock, but i didn't use gesso or anything. I used plenty of water to make the colours blend into one another, the trick was to not scrub at the paper with the brush, just use light touches to move the colour around. I then let it dry naturally.


Once i had created my background i sketched around the white heart shape that was left on the cardstock to hid the imperfect lines. After i had created this background i became a little stuck in how to finish it. Eventually i stumbled across a floral acetate from Heidi Swapp, which i loved but was also struggling to use. When i layered it up i loved how the flowers seem to fit the heart shape. It took my layout in a totally different direct but i really like the result.


Because the layout's backgrounf is so busy, i just layered my photo with some neutral coloured papers and added a few emblisshments including some brown gem swirls which to be honest, came in a grab bag, and i didnt think were my taste. I love them! Shows how good it is to try new things!


I hope that my layout shows you that you dont need expensive products to use paints on a layout, and you dont need mush skill either! So please, be brave and give it a go....you might just love it!!

We would love to see what you are creating this month, especially those projects involving paints, so do come and join us over on our Facebook group. If you want to watch this layout being created then head over to our UKSA YoutTube channel and watch my short process video.


Thanks for reading, have a great September, and keep your eye out for some amazing painty layouts from the rest of the UK Scrap Addicts Creative Team!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...