Wednesday 5 December 2018

Smile | Sheena Rowlands | Grab 5

Hi there Scrap Addicts x Sheena here again.

This month we have all been set a "Grab 5" challenge. To be honest I wasn't totally sure what this was but after watching a few youtube videos I started gathering my supplies together.

For my Grab 5 I chose - patterned papers, Vicki Boutin art crayons, embroidery threads, some Bramble Fox perspectives and finally  a selection of mini embellishments.


I chose the patterned papers as I tend to hoard pretty papers rather than use them, the crayons as I'm keen to find ways to use them in my scrapping since meeting Vicki Boutin earlier this year, the threads as I used to be a keen cross stitcher many years ago, the perspectives as I like trying new products and the sequins and drops as my collection of mini embellishments never seems to go down regardless of how many I use.

Smile.



I started off by mixing some of the art crayons with water and painting circles on my cardstock by hand and leaving them to dry.


Over these circles I hand sewed in a petal stitch in  co ordinating colours. This took me much longer than I anticipated but I was pleased with the finished result.


I matted my photo on a selection of the Paige Evans patterned papers and cut flowers from the leftovers to arrange around the circles to soften the look. I finished with adding sequins in the flower centres and a perspective as my title plus a couple of butterflies.


We would love for you to try this Grab 5 challenge and share your what you create over on our FB page.

Till next time x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...