Sunday 25 August 2019

4th July | Jackie Ashton | Sketch


Hi Scrappers, Jackie here with my take on the sketch the team is using this month.  I love working with a sketch, whether it is to follow the layout exactly or to have one as a starting point, I think a sketch is so versatile and can be easily adapted to whatever size of layout you want to scrap.





I decided to do a 9x12 layouts for this month, and used a few of the photographs from 4th July celebrations in New York.




4th July Fireworks





I wanted to keep to the sketch as best I could, so kept everything to the left hand side of the page.  

I started by stamping some firework style designs onto the background in blue and overlapped with a few red star, adding a few splatters of blue ink over it all.

Then I die-cut stars in different sizes, which I added down the page, and added some 3D foam to a few to give them added dimension.



I backed the acrylic word onto some striped paper, and added 3D form to raise it above the two photographs.


I finished the layouts with some puffy alphabets and stars.



I have really enjoyed working with this sketch and changing the design to a 9x12 and not my normal 12x12 format.

Don’t forget to share your layouts using this sketch over on our Facebook group (here), we would love to see them.


Till next time 


Happy Scrapping




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...