Thursday 1 August 2019

I Told The Stars About You | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Sketch

I was absolutely thrilled when Laura Rumble agreed to design a sketch for us to use this month!!

Sketches are brilliant if you are ever stuck for inspiration and design as they give you a great starting point. They can be interpreted in so many different ways and it's great to see how different layouts look when all using the same sketch.

So I am kicking off the month with my layout......

I used some papers from CVS and grabbed my Big Shot and some star dies and started die cutting a whole load of layered stars. For the largest star I layered 4 papers and for the medium I layered 3. I also added in a little velum here and there within the star clusters.

I then ran these through my sewing machine to stitch down the middle. This enabled me to be able to lift the edges of my stars to create some shadowing.

I then started work on my background. I used a white Posca paint pen to add some ink splatters in a semi circle shape and added on top some gold Heidi Swapp colour shine.

I then arranged the stars in a semi circle to follow the shape as shown on the sketch. I added some wet glue to the back of the stars and secured them down. I then punched out some smaller stars to fill in the gaps around the larger stars. I added some more ink splatters on top too!

I did a simple mat behind my photo and nestled that in to the bottom of the half circle.

Finally I finished it all off by using a white gel pen to hand doodle some stars into the little gaps that were left.

And I'm chuffed with how this layout came out.

Be sure to check back here again soon for more sketch inspiration. And if you want to join in then please head on over to our Facebook group!!

There is also a process video for this layout which can be found here -https://youtu.be/0HsAbr3mML8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...