Monday 14 September 2020

Good Times | Sam Ball | Lisa Fonseca Style Page Element

I can’t deny – I was definitely apprehensive about the theme this month and how I was going to create a layout in the style of Lisa Fonseca.

Whilst she may be best known for oversized characters all cut from paper, a few of her layouts include objects rather than animals, so I decided that this might be the best inspiration for me.

 

My eldest step-daughter Olivia did a years’ travelling in New Zealand with her boyfriend. They toured the country in a red camper van they lovingly called ‘Wilson’, so I decided to scrap one of the many photos she had taken on her travels and make a ‘Wilson’ for the layout.


 

I found a fabric print that included different stylized VW camper vans, then increased in size to suit the layout. This was to be my template. I cut around each template shape, then chose a selection of patterned and plain papers and traced round each, then hand cut them again and ‘put them back together!’ to create a unique Lisa Fonseca inspired camper van.


 

The collection I chose to use was ‘Open Road’ a Crate Paper collection from 2014! The stash I had was actually from a mini-book class that I never finished!

 

After deconstructing the book, I was able to use a folded section, hence the fold down the scenic paper. This was mounted to a strong cardstock, to which I extended the horizon of the paper.



All the embellishments were un-opened, as was the chipboard, so I found plenty of ephemera to co-ordinate, including the vintage ephemera number plates and bottle tops.


 

I had way more fun than I ever imagined I would creating this layout, which took me right out my comfort zone!

 

So, if like me you’re thinking that this months’ challenge isn’t for you, why not give it a go? You might just surprise yourself like I did!

 

And if you do take part, don’t forget to share your layouts over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram if you’ve played along this month? It’s a great way to use up old stash whilst enjoying new collections too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...