Tuesday 1 September 2020

Pampered Beasts | Zoe Hailey Zola 28 | Lisa Fonseca Style Page Element

 Hi Everyone

Welcome to my layout inspired by Lisa Fonseca style page element ; our September theme in UKSA. I was a little daunted by this assignment as Lisa is so amazingly talented, but I kept cute critters and hand stitching in mind when I made my page. 

I don't have the talent to hand cut all the fantastic  animals that Lisa does, so I turned to my trusty Cricut to cut a couple for me. I chose a tiger and a bear, which were perfect for this layout of my children at "Mummy's pamper salon". We had a Sunday afternoon of face masks, manicures and pedicures and each of the children's masks had cute animals printed on them. 


I hand stitched around the face of each animal in a corresponding embroidery thread, using all 6 strands of thread. I also stitched around their noses & mouth. I popped the animals up on foam and tucked my 3x4 landscape photo behind the bear. I used the clear stickers from the Cocoa Vanilla Studios Legendary collection to create a water colour affect around my photo. 

The Wild and Free title was hand cut from one of the journaling cards and I added a couple of branding strips at the bottom to ground my layout. I used some Indian ink to create black splats around my page, this helped bring in the black from the animal faces. I added a sprinkling of enamel dots around my journaling and the photograph. 


I really love the fun nature to this page and it captures perfectly the memories.  

If you take inspiration from this months  theme, please do share your layouts over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram I'd love to see what you make! 


Happy Scrapping 


Zoe x










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...