Wednesday 30 September 2020

So Beary Cute | Kirei Baldwin | Lisa Fonseca style

Hi UK Scrap Addicts! 

It's Kirei here again and I loved this month's challenge theme which was to scrap a layout inspired by the lovely Lisa Fonseca whose style is super fun and usually utilises large paper pieced animals or other cute icons! Pop on over to see her fab scrapping style here....


I decided to hand draw a large bear face that was inspired by the ephemera piece in the Crate Paper 'Magical Forest' collection, which I also included on my layout! 

Once I had drawn the bear I cut out individual pieces to make up the face and ears and then stuck them to a piece of white cardstock before stitching around all of the paper pieces so that they stood out and it adds some nice dimension and texture. After I had finished stitching I cut around the white cardstock leaving just a narrow white border. 


I then layered up some patterned paper pieces from the collection into an 'L' shape to create my background. All the edges were distressed as I like the effect and again it adds a different texture to the layout.

My cute photo of my nephew was perfect for this layout as those chubby little cheeks reminded me of the round bear face! It was mounted onto a few different patterned papers and attached with foam pads. 

Every bear needs a cute bow so I cut one out of coordinating patterned paper and stuck that down.

Then I added lots of the cute ephemera and stickers from the collection 



Finally I added a title in the coordinating alphas, and a few lines of journaling was added and I was done!


I hope you have been inspired by this month's fab theme.... which was to scrap using Lisa Fonseca's style and will give it a go! Share your layouts over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page and tag us on Instagram with #UKScrapAddicts if you have played along this month!

Happy Scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...