Thursday 11 May 2017

Be Brave | Pol Prince | Sketch

Hello my lovelies! It's Pol here today to share with you a layout I created for this months 'Sketch' theme. I'd already made a layout using Laura's single page sketch, for NSD, so I decided to have a go at Susan's double page sketch. I don't 'do' double pages however, so I chose one side of the sketch and rotated it 90 degrees, which then gave me a base for a single page.


As you can see, I used the right hand page and rotated it clockwise....


The good thing about sketches is that they really are open to your own interpretation. Some people like to stick to them rigidly and some people will just chose to use certain elements. I used to hate using sketches because I took them far too literally and thought 'well I don't want my title there, or that embellishment there', and 'I don't want to use hearts on this page'! Yes, I know, I'm a bit slow sometimes! Eventually I realised that I could still use a sketch in my own way and make the page my own. 
I don't often use multiple photos on a page either, so I enjoyed the challenge of that too.

I chose these photos of my gorgeous little 4 year old niece being totally fearless and scaling a climbing rock at the park all by herself! I love the Crate Paper Cute Girl collection, it's perfect for her - girly and pink but strong and fearless too.
The colourful striped paper is my favourite, I adore stripes! I love fussy cutting as well so I enjoyed cutting the flowers out of one of the papers, which I then arranged across the top of my page as the 'circle' on the sketch. 
I made a little cluster of embellishments in the top right hand corner with my title (which was from the Crate Paper Cool Kid collection). 


I wanted to use birds and butterflies for my embellishments to symbolise my little niece 'flying free' and doing her own thing.
The beautiful glittery die cut butterflies are part of a pillow present from the recent Like For Ever Retreat I went on. We had an absolutely amazing weekend and it was so lovely to be reminded of it as I was making this layout. The little wood veneer birds were also a present from that weekend.


I layered some of the butterflies with vellum die cut butterflies to add extra dimension. I absolutely love that little 'Bucket List' piece of ephemera in the bottom cluster. It's exactly what my niece would write on her bucket list, and what I would have written as a child too!
I added a few little puffy stickers from Shimelle's Little By Little collection, a few black ink splats (I really had to reign myself in on this one and keep telling myself sometimes less is more!), and I was done. 


Thanks for stopping by and reading, please pop by frequently or subscribe, to keep updated on the awesome layouts and advice we have coming up!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...