Friday 19 May 2017

Smile | Roxy Cousins | Sketch


 Hey guys, Roxy here with you today! I'm showing you my take on the lovely Laura's sketch! Here over at the creative team, we had two lovely Sketches to choose from. The other was equally as lovely, which was designed by Susan. So far two page layouts don't seem to appeal to me, so I choose to go with Laura's. I took one look at the layout and knew I had to use the 'Chasing Dreams' collection by Maggie Holmes. 

Here is the sketch, that Laura designed.
Beautiful isn't it? 
Don't forget to check back each day to see what the rest of the creative team came up with! 
There are some pretty awesome layouts coming up!! :)


Looking at the sketch, it includes mixed media and lots of layers.
However, I took my own take on this. My final layout is pictured below. 
Don't forget to check out the UK Scrap Addicts Youtube Channel to see the full process of my layout! 



Instantly, I knew I had just the photo for this layout! It's a photo from my childhood, of my mum and I having a lovely cuddle and giggle. In the photo my mum is wearing a blue patterened top. 'Chasing Dreams' has a couple of perfect papers for this photo! I decided a double background with sewing would be great. 
Texture and pattern all in one!


Instead of using mixed media for my background, I decided to try and recreate the sketch with lots more layers. I feel the paper bag from Hema and the fussy cut flowers did just the trick! You don't always have to stick straight to what the sketch shows. 
Make your own mark on it. It is your layout after all!

 I hope you enjoyed my layout and process video!
Until next time.. 

Roxy :) xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...