Wednesday 3 May 2017

Real Life | Terri Morris | Sketch


Well 2017 is fast passing us by, I'm shocked that we are now in May already. I'm currently recovering from an operation a couple of weeks ago so thought it would be good to document some of the things that happen at home.


My boy cat Oscar loves to share our food, especially breakfast. He sits by my side staring at me until I give him a cornflake or two. He spends his days curled up on the sofa with me or sat in my craft room. 


This month we had a choice of sketches to use as our inspiration. I used the sketch above created by Laura Rumble and have pretty much stuck to it. I love using sketches but often flip them or twist them to create a layout that doesn't really look like the sketch in the end.

I used the new Fancy Pants Family & Co. collection. The background I chose is very busy so I tried to keep the layout as simple as possible. I used a stencil and black ink to add texture on the background. I used the 6x6 paper pad to create a layered background behind the photo and make it stand out against the background.


I added in some enamel dots and Heidi Shine mist splatters to add in more texture. I absolutely love this collection. It is so bright and vibrant. Often the opposite of what I usually use in my scrapbooking. I often go for pastel or distressed style collections.


I'd love to see your take on Laura's sketch, just tag UK Scrap Addicts on Instagram. I'm hoping meet up with a fellow UK Scrap Addicts CT member whilst I'm off which will be great.

Happy Crafting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...