Friday 5 May 2017

Hello Beautiful | Susan | Sketches

Good morning and welcome to my post for our topic at UK Scrap Addicts this month, which is using sketches in your scrapbooking. I love a sketch! It gets me past that paper shuffling stage and straight onto the important stuff of creating. Don’t feel that using a sketch will stifle your creativity; a sketch will merely get you started on a scrapbooking journey; your destination might look nothing like the sketch you set off with. It doesn’t matter a jot. You can change whatever you wish along the way.

Now I’m not a great fan of double pages preferring to scrap with one or maybe two photos and 12x12 is plenty enough space to fill, thank you very much! So … I deliberately set myself with a challenge by drawing a double page sketch …

sketch

I wanted the pages to look as though they ‘belonged’ together and the overlapping circle is intended to help with that as well as the repetition of a group of 3 photos (though in my finished pages I’ve dropped that last one!)


close up2
 
My first hurdle was that I only had 4 photos and to overcome that I printed the one I liked best much larger, replacing the group of three on the left hand page with one large photo. You might tell that Sophia was not too keen on having her photo taken – her pouty look is sooo cute!

circles
 





 
Papers (Cocoa Vanilla, Wild at Heart) and photos chosen, I took another look at the sketch and decided I really liked the circle, so I cut a couple more.

corner detail



At this point, I stuck down the main elements on my page. The first thing I could see was that it lacked balance; too much on the right hand page. I added a little cluster of embellishments on the far left.
 
I completed the pages with embellishments from the Wild at Heart collection and a bit of stamping using my favourite stamps (Gorgeous Grunge by Stampin’ Up) being sure to repeat on one side most of the embellishments added to the other to maintain that ‘belongs together’ look.

And here you have my completed page …

Hello Beautiful

Thank you so much for joining me today at UK Scrap Addicts. Come back tomorrow, won’t you?

sig xxx
 

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...