Friday 12 May 2017

Traveler's Notebook | Polly's Papercrafts (Emma) | Sketch

Hi lovelies, it's Emma with you again today with a blog post and video all centred around Laura's fabulous sketch for this month. In fact, spoiled as we are, the Creative Team had not one but two sketches to choose from this month. The other was designed by the lovely Susan and is a 2 page sketch. Alas, try as I might I could not make the fabulous double pager work for me, though I did really try as a challenge for myself. 
(And yes, I did just use the word alas!)

So here it is. The sketch that Laura designed. 
It uses a wonderful bit of mixed media in the background (my guess would be watercolour), a single 4x4 photo and lots of layers.

Now, of course there's a bit of a story with this one for me. I did originally do a 12x12 page using a toddler photo of myself with lovely pink ink smooshed about using the packaging technique. Tons of fun was to be had.... except when I went to edit the video, it was non-existent. *Face-palm* I hadn't recorded my session of inkiness after all. Sad times. 

Have no fear however, I changed tack. Being a creative and all, I figured I could do this. No worries. In the end, I created a spread in one of my handmade traveler's notebooks - and I kind of love it! 


I used a Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams paper that had lots of frames on and fussy cut ALL of them, even if it was only half a frame hanging off the edge of the paper. I knew I wasn't going to use the pattern on the B side so now I have a lovely pile of frames to use as layering pieces. 


I used a Mister Huey's Pretty in Pink spray which I watered down to get the paler pink in the background and paired that with the pink stripe paper to mat my photo on, which also came from the Chasing Dreams collection.


The chipboard hearts I used are actually from Pinkfresh Studio's Indigo Hills collection which were perfect as they had a similar shade of pale pink and hints of black and grey. 


So that's it from me, head on over to the UK Scrap Addicts YouTube channel to see the full process and don't forget if you are inspired by any of our creative endeavours and share something of your own, remember to include #ukscrapaddicts so we can find you! 

Until next time...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...