Thursday 25 May 2017

Treasure | Jess Claire | Sketch



Hi guys,
welcome back to the UK Scrap Addicts blog, Jess here with the next instalment of our monthly topic for May which is Sketches.

You can check out my YouTube process video for this layout here

I don't use sketches very often, generally I prefer to scraplift a layout, I think its partly because I'm quite a literal person and I tend to stick quite rigidly to sketches.
I did for this one too. I chose to use Laura's sketch:





I had run out of white 12x12 card stock so I used some of this pale turquoise instead. I quite like that I had to do this, I like the colour and I think I use white a little too often.   I used a photo I took during the week I took part in Ali Edwards Week in the Life project. Its a photo of the necklace I wear every day and it was a story I wanted to tell in more detail. 



I used papers from the Cute Girl collection and I used the tag in the sketch to write my journalling on. I added enamel dots from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Colour Me Happy - Warm collection where there were dots on the sketch and for the back ground I used stamps instead of mixed media. I used black staz on ink and some Heidi Swapp stamps to stamp phrases over and over. I used a Heidi Swapp Gold acetate word 'Treasure' as my title.
I really enjoyed using this sketch and I love that I have created a layout that is a little different from my usual style.

That's the great thing about a sketch, it has everything planned for you so its a great starting point for a layout, no matter if you follow it like a rule book or just take one tiny idea from it.
I have loved seeing how different our layouts end up looking even from the same sketch. Make sure to check out all the other UKSA posts this month.
See you again in June :)

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...