Friday 26 May 2017

Week 38 - Pocket Pages | Sarah Toward | Sketch

Hi there

I am going to share with you today how I used a sketch to get me started on one of my Pocket Page layouts.

I quite often turn to sketches for my scrapbooking layouts, but I'd never used one to help me with my Pocket Page layouts. 




I chose to use Laura's sketch, and thought the best way to use it would be to base my title card on the sketch.


I started by using my watercolours for some random painting as the background for my main focal point to sit on.



I'd already decided which papers I was going to use on my layout so I used some of the off cuts to create the layered focal point for the layout.


To finish off the title card I added some sequins, rub-ons, chipboard and bakers twine to the layout.  I often leave my title card until last as I'm unsure on how I want it to look, using the sketch really helped me with this and meant I finished it in super quick time and was able to move onto the rest of the layout.





I'll definitely use a sketch to help me design my title card again.  This layout came together really quickly as I didn't spend hours wondering where to start.

I used the Jubilee collection by My Minds Eye which I've had in my stash untouched for sometime, it included papers, rub-ons, chipboard and photo overlays.  I supplemented it with sequins, doilies and bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by today and supporting U.K. scrapbooking.  Come back again soon to see what we've been getting up to.

xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...