Tuesday 9 May 2017

Baby Girl | Kirsteen | Sketch

Hello, Kirsteen here with my take on this months theme: sketches. I LOVE a sketch, esepecially when the crafty mojo has up and left. A sketch helps you to get cracking, stop obsessing (that you're not doing anything) and usually produces something pretty awesome. What's not to love? And you can totally interperate a sketch which ever way you choose. It's a great place to start, creativity on hols or not.

I picked this sketch. It's a huge leap from my recent projects (circles and filling pages full of embellishments is my current bag) but I wanted to challenge myself to try something a little different.


I picked a photo of my neice (I have a scrapbook on the go for all eight of my neices and nephews and my own two little men). I cropped it down to 4x4. With scrapbooks for ten little people all under the age of nine, I'm not short of a baby collection or two. I went with Crate Paper's Little You. I can't tell you how much I love this collection. The chipboard is so thick, the quailty is really impressive. I've bought this collection about five times! I'm not kidding. It's so pretty.


I decided to go for a busy patterned paper for my background. I'll admit it, all that 'white' space was making me quite feel uneasy. I picked this gorgeous grey star print called Perfect. It matched the black and white image of my neice 'perfectly'.


Then, I set about adding embelishments, keeping them close to my photo and all at the bottom of the page in line with the sketch. I didn't stick anything down too much, pressing a little on a corner here and there to hold it in place so I could still move bits and pieces around.


I've used chipboard, stickers and one of the diecut pieces from the collection. I wanted to cluster them around the photo but didn't want too many to go over the photo as I really wanted the photo to stand out.


The chipboard in all it's goodness! Finally, once I was happy I stuck everything down. I'm really chuffed at how this page turned out and I'm in no doubt that had I not used a sketch I'd still be sitting here at my desk shuffling papers. And as it's (Inter)national Scrapbook Day that would've been a tragedy!


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all had a great National Scrapbooking Day (I'm off to have a sticky beak at all of your creations). 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...