Wednesday 3 April 2019

Adventure | Zoe Hailey | Sparkle



Hi there scrap addicts, Zoe here with my first layout as part of the UKSA creative team and I'm really excited to share this page with you all.

Honestly 'sparkle' was a perfect theme for me, glitter and sparkle are part of my DNA! I had a fair bit of loose glitter in my stash so I wanted to try and put it to good use in this layout.

I made a star pocket shaker (mixing sequins and glitter) , I just cut this out of some old plastic packaging (It's completely see through but hard to photograph like that so it appears here with a white background). I used my Cricut to cut the star from my card but a good old fashioned pair of scissors would do the trick too! I stitched through the star and then sewed onto my cardstock.


I added some extra sparkle to my background using my Minc machine to foil some splats and blobs!  ( I used the Minc reactive mist for the first time and I wasn't that patient in letting it dry). I worked with the Color Fresh collection from Heidi Swapp which is a fun, vibrant collection and perfect for scrapping photos of my youngest children.

White on white stitching
Sequin cluster


I layered my photos in the bottom right of my layout clustering some beautiful ephemera and acetate pieces ( I find the Xyron is the best tool for attaching these small pieces and the tape lasts forever). And then of course, I needed even more sequins so I scattered more blue sequins around the layout to bring out the colour of the snow tube in the photograph. I used to find myself spending ages debating the position of sequins on my page.... now I have a rule; stick where they land!

I had lots of fun making this layout and it was a great way to use up some of that glitter!!

Zoe









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...