Thursday 4 April 2019

I love how your eyes sparkle | Di Willcox | Sparkle

Good morning Scrap Addicts! Di here today with my first layout as a UKSA creative team member, how exciting!!

'Sparkle' is this month's theme and as it so happens, I had the exact word in a puffy sticker set from the PinkFresh Studio 'Joyful Day' collection. Perfect!



I have lots of photos of my daughter (who's now 24) as a toddler but I struggle to scrap them as they have some distraction in the background that I'm not happy with or the colours/ patterns don't go with the modern papers. After scrolling through Pinterest for ideas I saw a few grid style layouts that use several photos cut down to the main focus point, so I chose a few of Molly, cut them down to 4 x 2 inches and arranged them on the page with papers from the a kit that featured papers from PinkFresh Studio and Pretty Little Studio. I also fussy cut some of the mandala style flowers from one paper and punched some chevrons out of another to create embellishments. 


 After I'd stuck the photos and papers down it seemed a bit flat to me so I doodled lines between to create more of a grid and then I got the 'pop' I wanted to achieve!
I added the title, embellishments and a few sequins (well it is sparkle month!) to finish the layout off.


I can't wait to see what you all come up with for 'Sparkle', I'll be looking out for lots of shiny layouts in the UK Scrap Addicts group on Facebook ;)

Di x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...