Wednesday 17 April 2019

Everyday I'm Sparklin' | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Sparkle

Hey there Scrap Addicts!

I have to confess, I'm not a huge fan of glitter (don't hate me) but I've been meaning to try and make a shaker pocket for years (I'm not even kidding) so this month's sparkle challenge seemed like the ideal time to give it a go.


I wanted to scrap this photo of my daughter attempting to paint her nails and then I found the perfect  journalling card to go with it from Simple Stories Dream Big collection.  I planned the composition of the layout knowing that I wanted to use this month's free cut file as my shaker pocket down one side so I created the background first and then moved on to the tricky part! 


I cut the star file on white cardstock as large as I could and then I backed it with clear acetate that I retrieved from the bin when I was on a scrappy retreat recently.  I went around all the edges of the die cut with foam tape and sprinkled some appropriately coloured sequins into the stars.  It felt good to finally get some sequins out of my stash and onto a page!



I used some of the unicorn paper to put a "lid" on the shaker pocket.  I tried to make sure that none of the unicorns were identifiable behind the sequins as I just wanted to use the colours in that paper rather than the images.  Once my shaker pocket was in place I could add some finishing touches of a few puffy stickers and another little sprinkle from the sequin mix. 

Although my shaker took me a while as it was my first one, I'll definitely do it again.  It's a fun way to change up my layouts and use something sparkly without getting myself covered in glitter!

With love and colour



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...