Monday 15 April 2019

Make A Wish | Rebecca Meadows (Guest Designer) | Sparkle

Hello UK Scrap Addicts.

My name is Rebecca Meadows and I am really pleased to have been offered a guest designer slot for this month.


I have been wanting to scrap this photo for quite a while now and this months UKSA theme of "sparkle" is a perfect opportunity to use it.

I have used Carta Bella, Flower Market papers to make my layout. I love to fussy cut and these papers have a great selection of flowers that are perfect for this so this is where I started!

I had a layout plan in mind for this photo. I wanted the threaded sequins to represent coins being thrown into the fountain.

So, here is my process.....

Having fussy cut lots of flowers, I put these to one side while I began working on my background. I chose a pink patterned paper and cut two triangles from the sides. I roughed up the edges using a paper distressed and then marked our with a paper piercer where my thread and sequins would go.

I used a threaded needle to post the sequins on to, if you do this, be sure to check that the sequins will fit over the eye of the needle before continuing. I used a bit of washi tape to hold the thread at the back, then kept the stitches quite tight to help kept the sequins in place, a couple of the sequins still moved and grouped together so I added a small amount of glue to keep them in place.

Next, I added the pink paper to a piece of cardstock and stuck down my matted photo. I wanted similar flowers in each cluster to give a look of symmetry and used foam pads to add definition to some of the flowers. My title was an obvious choice and I think the sparkly alphas really finished off the layout.

Finally, I added pink and black mist to the background and some journalling strips.

I loved creating this layout. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. This months theme has been really inspiring and I hope you are having fun with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...