Tuesday 9 April 2019

Love Our Story | Stephanie Squires | Sparkle

Hello, Steph here and a very big welcome to my very first UKSA blog post!!

I am sharing with you my layout for this month's theme which is "Sparkles" which is great theme for me as I absolutely LOVE sequins 😍😍



I found a lovely blue sheet of paper from Crate Papers Sunny Days collection which I gutted leaving a 1 inch border around the edge, I then cut my piece of white Bazzill cardstock down to 11 x 11 and placed it on top of the frame.  I had already chosen a cutfile that had small circles cut out of it (I trimmed that also down to 11 x 11) but when I placed this on top of the Bazzill textured card I felt it needed something more to lift it.  So before I stuck it down I stamped a blue rose stamp all over the textured cardstock before sticking it all together.  Once stuck I machine stitched round the edge of the cutfile with gold thread and put it to one side.


I have wanted to use an embroidery hoop on a layout for the longest time - I found this small bamboo one in a well known super market for a couple of pounds and I thought it would be perfect!  I popped my piece of net across the hoop, sprinkled a generous amount of sequins onto it and then put another piece of net over the top of that to hold them in place.  I put the large hoop over the top and tightened it.  I flipped the hoop over and gently pulled the net so it was nice and tight and trimmed off the excess fabric.



I picked up my 12 x 12 background and fiddled around with the positioning of the frame until I decided where I wanted it to be.  I then grabbed a bunch of coordinating embellishments and a silly photo of myself and positioned these on top of the hoop until they were exactly where I wanted them. I took a quick photo on my phone so I would remember the positioning of all of them before removing them and sewing the hoop onto my layout with the gold thread that I'd used earlier with my machine sewing.  Once secure I re-added the embellishments (plus a few more) but stuck them this time with a strong glue and added my title ❤ Our Story.



To complete the layout I added a tag and a swinging small double sided journaling card and a small bulldog clip I found in my stash!  Ta da!!  Layout complete :o)

Thank you so much for reading my post, I hope it's inspired you!! Please don't forget to share any of you layouts on UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page we love to see everyone's take on this months theme!!

Take care and thanks for reading,

Steph xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...