Tuesday 2 April 2019

Leave a Little Sparkle | Claire (ScrappyNerdUK) | Sparkle

Hey friends.


My layout turned out to be covering both last months theme of black cardstock and this months theme of sparkles - happy accident I say!!

I thought about how I could use a black cardstock background to do something different on my layout and decided to make like a chalk board effect with using a white gel pen. So I printed off a quote from the internet (which happened to contain the word Sparkle!) and traced it using a pencil, onto some velum ( please use tracing paper as velum is the expensive option and I only used this as I had no tracing paper on hand). Then I traced the reverse of these letters again to get the lead onto the back of the velum.

I then laid this down onto the black cardstock and traced it again to create a faint outline for me to be able to go over with my white pen. I loved how the finished effect turned out.

I added in a photo of me (I love scrapping selfies - I know I'm not the only one!). And decided it was
time to use up some older stash so grabbed out the Chasing Dreams collection by Maggie Holmes and added in the lady chipboard piece (which was never going to be used on any other project) and added in some fussy cut butterflies and a few other chipboard pieces from the Thickers pack.

Finally - because my title contained the work Sparkle I added in some sequins and I had these go from the top left to the bottom right of my page, creating a natural direction for your eye to follow to the photo.

I'm definitely going to try this technique again!

If you want to watch the process video then it's linked here. And be sure to head on over to our Facebook group and come and share what you have made for this months theme of Sparkle!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...